Sunday, June 6, 2010

Let's recap

So, it's been 4 months to the date since our last post on February 5th. Wow, times flies.

We last left you on the day before getting to our new home in Saskatchewan not really knowing what to expect. Well, a lot has happened since.
We have moved again, this time to a bigger town. Actually, to a place that can actually be called a town, having more than 47 people in it! We, as you can tell, are now finally part of the digital world again (details on that to follow). We have tons and tons of stories about the weather of course as it plays a major part of life in this Province. We also have updates on how I've managed to stay "sane" and how Neil hasn't had to have me admitted into a home for the coo-coo. As well as what we, and most people who are new to Saskatchewan have had to do to actually find a place to rent. The reasons why we had to leave our little house on the prairies in exchange for a 3 bedroom apartment, etc, etc...

We will also be posting pictures to show you what we've seen, where we lived and where we are now. :)

We are in the midst of finally unpacking our furniture and all of our belongings that haven't seen the light of day since last September. We are actually really excited about that! It almost feels like Christmas! We keep opening stuff and saying "Oh yeah.... i forgot we had that!" :) It's kinda awesome. We've also been really lucky in terms of casualties when it comes to our furniture.
So far, there are just a few nicks and scratches (nothing a touch-up pen can't fix) and unfortunately, one of our lamp shades is in really bad shape :( However, considering all of our things moved from our apartment in Mississauga to a locker space in Hamilton, then 3000kms to the house in Tribune and finally to our new apartment in Weyburn!!!
So, all in all we did pretty well! And in no small part due to all the help, muscle and patience of our awesome family and friends who helped us pack and move in Ontario and to our wonderful new friends here in Saskatchewan. So, to all of you who've helped us in any way....THANK YOU!!!! :)

In the meantime, we still miss you all like crazy. Now
that we can finally communicate with all of you, we feel you are all a little bit closer to us.

Signing off from under a mountain of half open boxes,

Vero & Neil ;)



2 comments:

  1. Hello V,
    I'd been attempting to contact you regarding your request of the Yarn Gang booklet. With having been unable to locate an email address, I figured it best to post a comment here.
    I've been searching through the local Michael's stores here, and sadly have to report I've not been able to find an additional copy of the booklet "I'm an Animal". While organizing (once again) my crafting space I did find that I have an extra copy. If you'd like, I could send it to you.
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello S!!!!
    Oh my goodness! I just read the message i left you and realized i left NO contact information!
    I've moved and have been neglecting my blog, while trying to get my craft blog going, you know how it is when you start a project! :)
    How can I thank you for the offer of that extra copy? If you would like you can email me or call me directly. For now I will give you my personal email here and I will go on your blog and give you all my info. YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!!! you can reach me at veronica.depasquali@gmail.com
    thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!!!
    Vee :)

    ReplyDelete