Saturday, June 19, 2010

Trina and Elton are getting married today!!



Two of my favourite people in this world are getting married today! They, much like Neil and I, are from two completely different worlds and cultures, yet they are very much alike at the same time. And by the end of this day, they will be Husband and Wife!!!!! Yikes!!

I met Trina just over 7 years ago at work. She was only supposed to be there temporarily, but thankfully for our friendship, that was not the case! We clicked instantly. After all, we had a lot in common. We are both sarcastic and appreciate dry humour, we both enjoy our Tim Horton's coffee, we loved to make fun of the people who didn't necessarily appreciate our kind of people (loud, fun-loving girls) and when we met, we were both single!

We talked about everything, including our now-significant others when we first met them, and now here we are!!! Trina, about to be married in a few hours and I, engaged with a wedding date TBA!! (most likely 2011, BTW).

It is so awesome to have experienced watching her go through all of that in the way I have only experienced with my siblings. What i mean is, knowing someone before they find the person they will spend the rest of their lives with. Witnessing how the person they have chosen will enrich their lives that much more. I have been lucky to see my siblings and a few friends go through this process of becoming some one's partner and I am humbled by it.

Maybe it's the distance or maybe just this blog that allows me to put my feelings and thoughts in writing, but whatever it is has compelled me to share this with all of you. So, in the words of my future father-in-law "toughsky-shitsky" people!! hehehehe


But don't worry, I'm not going to make this all about my "feelings" everyday. I can already see a few of you rolling your eyes or gagging. I could name all of you, but after all, isn't our mutual disgust for mushiness part of the reason we are all friends?

I'll just finish by addressing Trina and Elton with a toast I would have loved to give in person:

First, let me begin by thanking both of you, on behalf of myself and Neil, for the amazing friendship we have shared over the years. Especially for all your support during this past year. We look forward to celebrating this day with you guys for many, many years to come.
May this be the beginning of the best days of your lives together. May you experience all the health and happiness your deserve. We love you both. Cheers! To the Bride and Groom!!!
Yaya!!!

Wishing I was there,
Vee.

2 comments:

  1. . . . so tell me more about your feelings, Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina (and I guess Elton)!July 6, 2010 at 9:04 AM

    I love you both!!! I was sad that you couldn't be there in person but from the play by play that Ron & Dan provided I'm sure the only thing you missed was the food!

    Hugs and Kisses! Hope to see you guys soon!!!

    ReplyDelete