Monday, December 7, 2009

Day Two - from Saskatchewan

Well I guess I better check in from Saskatchewan. Specifically the Uptown Inn Motel, only 1 and 1/2 blocks off 4th street, in lovely Estevan Saskatchewan.

Impressions so far: It's cold.

First Flight: take off was fine, just a little uncomfortable for the ears, but otherwise okay. The trip itself was fine, but oh my lord, my ears on the landing. That pretty much sucked. My ears still feel funny even a full day after I landed. How long is it supposed to take?

Did I mention it's cold here?

Regina Airport: Small. I just left Pearson 3 hours earlier, so I had a good frame of reference.

The drive out to Estevan: It's flat. Very flat. The jokes are true. I headed south out of Regina and didn't have to turn the steering wheel left or right for at least 45 minutes. It's so flat here, they have dotted lines on the curves. You can really see that far ahead.

It's supposed to be -30C tonight. Have I mentioned the incredibly low temperatures they are having here right now?

The land of the block heater: Plugging in my car is now my reality if I want to be able to get to work in the morning.

I did snap some pictures on my drive down, however, my laptop does not want to recognize my SD card, so pics will follow soon.

Signing off from the rectangular province,
Neil

4 comments:

  1. Hey Neilius Cornilius!! Glad you're doing well and made it there okay. Can't wait to see pics of "lovely Estevan" and everything you're seeing.

    Vero, no worries, you'll be joining him soon. This way for now is the best. And the countdown is on until Neilius comes back for x-mas!! Only 17 days left!

    Neilius keep us posted and pls fix that pic issue...LOL!!!

    Love,

    V2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!! Now I'll wait for the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New blog eh? Cool. I know what you can do with your first paycheque. Neil, may I introduce you to the Canon Rebel? heh heh -R

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to the pictures of Sask!

    We were in Saskatoon about 6 yrs ago for a wedding. one day we went out for breakfast, and upon leaving, we were driving, and got to talking and suddenly, we all paused, looked around and saw NOTHING by flat land. we weren't paying attention and had left the "city" of saskatoon and ended up in....well....the prairies *L* honestly, it was like we blinked and were suddenly in the middle of nowhere!

    I'm looking forward to hearing all about your travels and adventures!

    ReplyDelete