Saturday, December 12, 2009

Week One

Well, here I am one week into my new job. Have a few days off now. Mostly going to be looking for a more permanent home.

Things are nice and slow right now which is ok I guess. Really get to take our time trying to learn the job. Get experience now for when it starts to pick up as the seasons change.

So I have relocated temporarily. I am out of Estevan, and just south of the town of Oungre temporarily. A rather nomadic lifestyle until I can nail down something more permanent. Borrowing a neighbours wi-fi (with permission) to make this post, and to look for a place to rent.

The people that I have met/work with all seem to be very nice and they are offering to help in anyway they can.

Certainly a different feeling from when I was staying in Quebec. Its a whole set of different worries, but not the stress of testing. Second, it's a little more lonely as I don't have people right next door or across the hall to hangout with. I do miss everyone and I am looking forward to getting home for Christmas.

Just trying to stay awake long enough to make this post. It was my turn for my body to give up. I have been sitting on the sofa and pretty much unable to keep my eyes open.

I will be taking more pictures tomorrow hopefully, and I will stop in to a store somewhere and get an SD card reader in the hopes that it's just the card slot on my computer that's messed up. Then I can post a couple of photos from the drive down.

Btw, another weather update. It was a little bit warmer today, -14 or so. Not bad, but tomorrow the wind is supposed to pick up and it will be back to -40 windchills. Can you hear me shouting, "hooray" from two provinces away?

signing off,
Neil the Nomad

No comments:

Post a Comment