Friday, December 11, 2009

Warped Anniversary...


So, today is December 10. Unbelievable.
Today marks one year since I slipped on some ice and ended up in crutches.... for A YEAR!! :S

At the time, I remember speaking to my employer and not being able to fathom being away from work for more than a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, as most of you who are reading this blog know, that was not to be the case.

It's been a very challenging year, with visits to the hospital, I.V. antibiotics, home care, X-Rays (while using Andre and Neil as crutches), MRI's in Buffalo (thanks to Virginia and Charles) and physiotherapy. There was also the non-conventional therapy such as the Tea House therapy, 4 or 5 different TV series (Alias and Weeds Rock!), all the movies The Movie Network had to offer, every Oprah and Ellen episodes of 2009, every new and old TV series available on any and every channel, day-time and night-time nurses, tons of Starbucks and of course, lots and lots of spoiling from Neil, family and friends!!
Today however, I'm down to only one crutch, I can drive myself everywhere, I'm back at work and we will be moving to another province in a little while.... so, things are looking up!!!! :)

I'm very lucky to have received the love and support of a lot of people in this past year. And i guess if i have to mark this day in any way, it would be to thank all of those who have helped me in any way. So, to all you who've been there for me throughout this experience (you know who you are), THANK YOU. I could not have done it without you.

Kisses to all from the now One-crutched girl,

Veronica :)

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad to hear that you're only using one crutch now. AND that you can actually drive yourself around. that's great news.
    what are you going to be doing when you move out to SK? can you transfer in your job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrea!
    Thanks! I'm glad to be my own person again!!! :)
    I don't know what i will be doing when i get there yet. I keep checking for internal postings in Saskatchewan at work, but there is zilch!! Most branches only have 5 to 8 people as staff, including managers!! lol
    I'm actually looking forward to figuring it out as we go. Life is what you make it, right? I'll probably take some time to figure it out or just do something totally different! I guess it's part of the fun of a move like this. Thanks for checking out our blog!! I'm glad you like it! :)
    Hope to see you over christmas!
    Vee

    ReplyDelete