Friday, December 25, 2009

Going back to where I'm from

Well. I'm sitting Regina international airport typing this on my itouch.

I mentioned to one of my coworkers that I was going home for Christmas, but he corrected me. He told me that I was going back to visit, Saskatchewan is now my home. I guess he is right. Slowly but surely, this place is becoming my home. Mine and Vero's home. It's a whole different life out here. The pickup truck is king, everybody knows everybody else, a trip to the store means at least a couple of hours in the car, but this place is starting to grow on me. I used to joke before I moved out here that I wasn't going to miss 401 traffic, and by god, I don't. In fact, on the trip up to the airport, I probably saw one car every 10 minutes. The nice thing about the roads out here is that the speed limit is 100 km per hour everywhere. Makes the distances between towns seem a little shorter.

Well I still have about three hours before I can checkin for my flight, but I just wanted to say that I am looking forward to getting back to visit and spending time with everyone.

Merry Christmas,
Neil

ps I remembered to buy gum for the flight home, so hopefully I can hear when i get off the plane.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! love your blog. I am wondering about the image you are using with the road and the clouds? Do you know who it belongs to? I see it all of the internet, but can't find the owner. thanks! Teresa

    ReplyDelete